LipSense has over 80 colors to choose from! There truly is something for everyone, but it can be a bit intimidating to some. There are many color families and within those color families, there are cool based and warm based colors. Whether you want light pinks, oranges, reds, browns, nudes, purples, or black, we have it! The best place to start is to figure out if you are warm or cool toned.
If you aren’t sure if your skin tone is warm or cool, here are some tips to help you determine which one you might be:
- White shirt – Wear a white shirt and look in the mirror. This works best when you are in natural or incandescent light. If your skin has a more yellow-red, then you are warm toned. If your skin appears more blue-pink, then you are cool toned.
- Jewelry – What color jewelry do you gravitate towards, silver or gold? If it is silver, then you are most likely cool toned. If it is gold, then you are most likely warm toned.
- Eye and Hair Color – Your natural hair and eye colors can give you an idea of your skin tone. If you have blue, gray, or green eyes and have blond, brown, or black hair you are more likely to be cool toned. If you have brown, amber, or hazel eyes with strawberry blond, red, brown, or black hair, you are more likely to be warm toned.
- Sun’s effect on skin – If you are out in the sun, does your skin turn golden brown or pink and burn first? If it turns golden brown, you are likely to be warm toned. If it turns pink and burns, you are likely to be cool toned.
- Find Which Colors Look Best on You – Everyone is aware that certain colors will make you look better regardless of your skin’s undertone. Warm-toned girls should lean toward yellows, oranges, browns, yellow-greens, ivorys, and warm reds, while cool-toned girls should wear blues, greens, pinks, purples, blue-greens, magentas, and true “blue-based” reds. So what color of clothing do you gravitate towards?
LipSense also offers 3 color types; matte, shimmer, and frosts. Matte colors are pure color pigments with nothing that reflects light. Shimmer colors have obvious glitter particles that reflect the light. Frost colors are highly reflective and have an iridescent or pearly sheen to them. As I said before there is truly something for everyone. Please contact me and I will help you pick the right colors for you.